If you are interested in running for Town Council or Mayor in the 2021 Brian Head Municipal Election and missed the deadline for filing for candidacy, you can still run by becoming a write-in candidate. Please note that write-in candidates names will appear on the ballot, but the voters will have the opportunity to vote for a write-in candidate.
The period for filing as a write-in candidate is from June 9, 2021 until August 30, 2021 by 5:00 pm. You must meet the qualifications listed below and must file in person with the Town Clerk during normal business hours.
1. Must be at least 18 years of age.
2. Must be a United States Citizen
3. Must be a registered voter in Brian Head.
4. Must reside in Brian Head at least twelve (12) consecutive months prior to the election.
5. In case of annexation, any person who has resided within the territory annexed for the prescribed 12-month period is deemed to meet the residency requirements for candidates.
6. Any mentally incompetent person, any person convicted of a felony, or any person convicted of treason or a crime against the elective franchise may not hold office in this State until the right to vote or hold elective office has been restored.
7. A person may be a candidate for only one office at any one election.
If you have any questions or should need further information, please contact Nancy Leigh, Town Clerk, during normal business hours.