Online Payments

Business License Info

Who needs a business license?
Anyone engaging in business in Brian Head, UT including the sale or offering of any goods merchandise, or performing any service for monetary exchange or valuable consideration must be licensed.

Brian Head Town requires all businesses within Town limits to be licensed with the following exemptions:
- State licensed contractors only need to be licensed in the City where they have an office this includes home-based offices. Insurance Companies, nonprofit organizations, and state-owned businesses are exempt from paying fees.
Where do I get a Business License?
Download an application or obtain an application at the Brian Head Town Offices.
Our address is:
P.O. Box 190068
Brian Head, UT 87419
Office is located at 56 S. Hwy 143. Our office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm. For more information call
(435) 677-2029.

How long does the licensing process take?
New business owners should allow 10 to 14 days for their license to be processed, but may require additional time if inspections are required. All fees are due at the time of application. The business license application will be sent to the departments for ordinance compliance.

If an application is denied or if the licensed business never begins operation, all fees, less a $25.00 processing fee, will be refunded.

Do I need an inspection before I receive my business license?
All new applications require an inspection from the Town’s building/fire departments, depending on the type of business identified on the application. Nightly rentals of cabins and/or condominiums will require a fire inspection only. An inspection list reviews are available at the Town Hall. Inspection fees are assessed at the time of submitted applications and fees.
When does the license expire?
All licenses expire every September 30th. There are no partial payments, half year or partial year licenses.

When do I renew my license for the next year?
The Business Licensing Officer will be sending out notices of when your business license is up for renewal around the first of August of each year. Liquor license payments are due on or before December 31st.

What are the penalties if the payment is late?
If payment is not received you may be issued a citation for operation of a business without a license, or a penalty for late payment.
Liquor licenses are due on or before December 31st by close of business. Any establishment that has not paid the license fee by this date is not permitted by law to serve liquor.
What if my business undergoes changes during the year?
If during the course of the license year, any information pertaining to the business changes, such as location, mailing address, phone number, the licensee is required by law to notify the Licensing Officer of these changes within a ten (10) day period.

The following is required of all new applicants.
· If conducting business under an assumed name (D.B.A. "doing business as"), register the business name with the Utah Department of Commerce. (See State Requirements section)
· Business name, physical and mailing address and phone number of business.
· Home address, phone number, and birth date of owner, manager (Applicant). Local address and phone number of Agent for process of service.
· Federal Tax ID or Social Security number
· Type of business.
· Sales Tax number, occupational or professional license number if applicable.

Registration of assumed business names, often called "D.B.A.", is required of all businesses that are not corporations, limited liability companies or limited partnerships. There is a $20.00 filing fee for a renewable three-year registration for a D.B.A. If the business being licensed is a resale business, a sales tax number is required.

Anyone who is applying for a liquor license or solicitor's license is required to have a criminal background check completed with the Utah Department of Alcohol Beverage Control (alcohol licenses) or the Town of Brian Head (solicitor). A $10.00 assessment fee will be charged per person.

Utah Department of Commerce - Division of Corporations and Commercial Code
Business Name Registration - "D.B.A."
160 East 300 South
SM Box 146705
Salt Lake City, UT 84114
(801) 530-4849 or
Utah Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control
1625 South 900 West
P.O. Box 30408
Salt Lake City, UT 84130-0408
(801) 977-6800 or
Utah Department of Public Safety Bureau of Criminal Identification
5400 South 3888 West
P.O. Box 148280
Salt Lake City, UT 84114-8280 or

Utah Department of Commerce Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing
160 East 300 South
Salt Lake City, UT 84114
(801) 530-4849, (801) 530-6628 or

Utah State Tax Commission
210 North 1950 West
Salt Lake City, UT 84134
(800) 662-4335, (801) 297-2200 or

Business License Application